Wednesday 12 September 2007

Anita Roddick



Anita Roddick the founder of the Body Shop passed away on Monday, the 10th of September, 2007. I was truly saddened to hear this. Ms. Roddick was a social activist and a successful businesswoman who believed that business could be a force for positive change. That businesspeople should contribute to organizations that can make the world a better, safer and more civilised place. And she did contribute, millions into Amnesty International, Friends of the Earth, Shelter and Reprieve, just to name a few.
When I started thinking about opening an online shop, the first book on business I read was Anita Roddick's "Business as Unusual". I was inspired and I highly recommend this book to anyone who is thinking of going into business.
I think she was a wonderful woman in so many ways.

No comments: