Thursday 15 January 2009

brandon mably




Just got in a print, in several colorways, from Brandon Mably's first collection for Westminster. The print is called "Fish Lips". They are fairly wild.

Who is Brandon Mably? I will let him tell you himself:

About Brandon

"Who is Brandon you may wonder? I'm a guy brought up in a small seaside town on the coast of South Wales who is crazy about colour and design, and enthusiastic to share my pleasures with others.

How did I start out - Back in the 80's I turned from professional cooking to designing. This funny career change came about through an accidental meeting with the man that put knitting on the map - Kaffe Fassett.

My apprenticeship took place as I was attending to the organizing and running of the Kaffe Fassett studio, whilst watching Kaffe and his team design and execute commissions and create the books he is now famous for. Kaffe would often ask for my input on the designs he was creating and liking my intuitive answers encouraged me to try and design myself.

I entered Kaffe Fassett's world with no experience but discovered a natural instinct for colour and design. This has grown as I have had the opportunity of teaching and encouraging others and there is nothing more rewarding to me than encouraging others to have a go themselves! It has taught me one thing beyond all others - most people have buried in them a sense of colour and design."

Brandon Mably

No comments: