Saturday 8 May 2010

mom's day



HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY TO ALL OF YOU WONDERFUL MOTHERS OUT THERE! MAY YOU HAVE A FABULOUS DAY!

This photo is a photo of my Mom. She was born in 1932 in the midst of the Great Depression in the USA and by the time she was 27 she had four kids. This photo of her is one of my faves, she was 18 when it was taken, living in NYC and working at her Uncle Conny's gift shop and it seems to me, really happy. (I only knew my Mom as someone who hated to have her picture taken so I am not sure who convinced her to go to a photographer in NYC but whoever did it, thanks!) Unfortunately my Mom isn't with us anymore, she passed away in 1996 and is sorely missed. She was an amazing seamstress and taught me everything I know about sewing. I think she would have been very pleased to have been a part of Volksfaden.

No comments: