Wednesday 6 August 2008

holidays








Well, I am back to Berlin and the three weeks we spent in Greece just flew by! We went to the Peloponnese this year to an area called the Mani. We stayed in a small village at the foothills of the Taygetos mountains, so we swam in crystal clear water while looking up at an impressive range of mountains. Sigh!
I did a fair amount of driving and that is quite an experience! I think that Greek drivers understand speed limits and double solid lines as suggestions that they either can take or reject as they please. Rejection seems to be the general rule of thumb and they do not shy away from some of the hairiest passing maneuvers I have yet to experience. On the other hand if you know what you are up against, you slow down at the first opportunity and just let them pass and then you do have a good chance of surviving. All in all, I would say that driving in Greece is definitely not for the weak of heart, on the other hand maybe I am just a sissy. Here are some pics for you.

No comments: